Heading Down to Jaco Beach, Costa Rica
Jaco Beach is famous for its black volcanic sandy beach and strong big waves that attract surfers from Costa Rica as well as all around the world.
Playa Herradura is famous for the gorgeous Los Suenos Marriott Hotel with its Spanish Architecture. Also on the grounds of the hotel are Condominium of the same style architecture, 2 and 3 bedroom for rent and for sale
Jaco and Herradura Restaurants
Bagels with spreads, bagel sandwiches
On the main street, south of Pops
The Coffee Shop
On the main street across from Pops, co-located with Parrilla ada Argentina
The Dragon on Bohio
· Variety of Chinese appetizers and entrées; try the pot stickers and sesame shrimp.
· Located on Calle Bohio, next to the Poseidon Hotel. From the main street, turn onto Calle Bohio toward the ocean.
Chicken and Ribs
· Best chicken and ribs in town!
· They offer both fire-roasted and fried chicken; the pork ribs are the best you’ll ever taste. Their cole slaw (enselada repollo) is terrific as well.
· Beach side of main street, at the corner of the street to the Oz Hotel
· Very diverse menu of fish, lamb, beef, duck and other entrees somewhat unusual for Costa Rica. South end of main street, on the second floor
On the main street in the center of Jaco, at intersection with Pops
Wraps, burritos, steaks, Thai, smoothies, salads, burgers
Middle of Jaco on main street, across from Pop’s
Located across the street from the Funky Monkey. This restaurant is owned and run by Chef Kevin Green who works solo in the kitchen. His limited menu has an Asian and Latin infused flavor and the food is top notch. Must try.
· One of the most popular restaurants in the area, offering a very diverse menu from brick oven pizza to enchiladas, burritos and pitas. Their salads are famous as well. Portions here are large, and the service is exceptional. We suggest the mahi mahi pita, pad Thai bowl, seared tuna salad, pizza, or anything on the right side of the menu under Mexican type dishes. Bring your appetite as the portions are very generous.
· Located in the center of Jaco on the main street
· Huge portions of American-style Mexican food plus traditional dishes
· Near the Best Western on the main street of Jaco
El Picaro Pizza
On the main streeet, next to Mexican Joe’s Internet Café
Located 10 minutes south of Jaco on Playa Hermosa
Lunch and dinner delivery to Jaco
Located on Herradura Beach. The menu is extensive and the food and presentation are terrific. Try their coffee and desserts, too. Drive down the same road as if you were going to Los Sueños Resort & Marina. Drive past the Los Sueños entrance about ½ mile and you’ll dead end at the beach. Make a left and it is the 3rd Restaurant on your left.
· Famous for its all-you-care-to-eat lobster and seafood festival every Wednesday night from 6:00pm- 10:00pm for one price, including beverages and dessert.
Located on the ocean in Jaco, south of Vista Mar and north of Vista Las Palmas
Menu includes mahi mahi, tuna, steak, pork, salads, pasta and soups
Soda Jaco Tipico
· Good local cuisine served cafeteria style. You point at what you want, they put it on a plate and you pay at the end of the line. Good and cheap food.
· From the main street in Jaco, turn onto the street between Pops and Los Amigos and drive to and then cross over the costanera highway. The soda is right there.
Soda Marea Alta
This is the best Tico food around. Located at the south end of the Jaco main street, across the street from the Platinum Gymnasium that you’ll see on the second floor. Order the mixed ceviche’ appetizer. The two main courses we suggest you try are the Corvina Marea Alta, which is a thin sea bass filet smothered in a white cream hearts of palm and shrimp sauce. It is incredible and cheap! Second, the filet mignon. A large tender filet Mignon, bacon wrapped and smothered in homemade brown gravy. Incredible!
Parrilla ada Argentina
· Imported Argentine and U.S. beef cooked over a wood-burning grill.
· Located on Jaco’s main street, across from Los Amigos
· The best sushi around. Good prices, good portions and always fresh. Located in Jaco central, second floor of the Galleon shopping center.
· Modern fusion cooking from a French chef who has lived in Africa and Asia! Bruno works solo in the kitchen to create some of the best meals on the Pacific Coast.
· Located south of Pops on the beach side of Main Street, second floor
· Reservations recommended; 2643.5535 or 8995.4936; BYOB
Bars & Lounges
On north end of Jaco, on the beach, above Corpus Gym
South Beach Miami-style open-air lounge with chill out and house music
Bohio Bar & Restaurant
· Great view, open air, and great food and drinks and a full liquor bar. To get there turn left or right off Main Street where you see the blue sign that says “Planet Food.” Just take the street to the end and you’ll see Bohio on your left; it’s right on Jaco beach.
· Located on the north end of Jaco’s main street.
· A favorite of tourists and Costa Ricans of all ages! Fun, safe atmosphere. Pool tables, dance floor and two bar areas. On the north end of Jaco’s main street.
· Opened in November 2008 by the owners of Prive’ in San Jose. Located in the red building across the street from Los Amigos and Pops.
· Fun bar with a great mix of people; videos and a DJ. On the main street in El Galeon.